East Redland Anglican has a vacancy for a full time Associate/Assistant Priest to minister in collaboration with the Priest in Charge.
East Redland Anglican is a geographically and ecclesiastically diverse parish. ERA extends from its northern border with the Parish of Waterloo Bay to its western border adjoining the Parish of Alexandra Hills. The parish includes the Moreton Bay Islands of Stradbroke, Coochiemudlo, Russell, Macleay, Lamb and Karragarra.
We are searching for a person of prayer, worship and theological education who can generate enthusiasm for God, who can implement change and creativity of discipleship, while maintaining unity. We are searching for someone who has a willingness to explore new ways to bring people to faith and to engage with and make connections to the community. We are searching for someone who brings creativeness to worship and passion for sharing the Word. In addition to this parish wide ministry the Associate/Assistant Priest will be responsible for the development of the congregations and communities at Redland Bay, Russell Island and Macleay Island. The southern Redlands is the fastest growing area of the parish with a number of established communities, new subdivisions, retirement villages and aged care facilities excellent schools and community services.
• Meet all requirements for Diocesan Safe Ministry Check and ministry licensing.
• Someone who has a passion for vibrant liturgy and worship, making disciples and proclaiming the Gospel.
• An implementer with excellent organisational and communication skills.
• Experience in leading diverse teams.
• A team player who will inspire and work well with other staff team and volunteers.
• On board with vision of East Redland Anglican (especially that described in VISION 2022).
• Tertiary theological or ministry qualifications.
• Full-time role, reporting to Priest-in-Charge, Fr Cameron Freese.
• Holidays: Four weeks per year. Study leave: Two weeks per year.
• Stipend will be at the rate set by the diocese.
• Housing and other allowances will be in accordance with Diocesan regulations. Either a housing allowance or appropriate housing will be provided. It is expected that the associate priest will live in the wider Redland Bay / Victoria Point area.
• Date of Commencement of ministry to be negotiated.
Applicants should provide a CV, a cover letter, and the names of two references. These should be submitted using the form on this page or by email addressed to Fr Cameron Freese at email@example.com OR Lucy Jelley at firstname.lastname@example.org
(For more information call Fr Cameron on 0416 845 875).